Learning Delivery Methods
Equivalent to 40 hrs.
ISO 50001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Energy Management System (EnMS) based on ISO 50001. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Energy Management Systems (EnMS) and be able to decrease an organization`s energy costs and improve its energy performance and sustainability.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Energy Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “QA Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a QA Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO 50001 in an organization.
This is a 5-day (40hrs) learning event.
Start/Finish Times: 09:00am – 17:00pm
Prior Learning Requirement: A fundamental understanding of ISO 50001 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.
Through a combination of expert led tutorials, practical workshops, case studies and role play based around real world environmental examples, the following topics are addressed:
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 50001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an EnMS
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 50001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an EnMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Energy Management System best practices
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO 50001 and initiation of an EnMS
- Day 2: Plan the implementation of an EnMS
- Day 3: Implementation of an EnMS
- Day 4: EnMs monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
- Day 5: Certification Exam
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation of an EnMS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
The "Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer" exam fully meets the requirements of the QA Examination and Certification Programme. The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Energy Management System (EnMS)
- Domain 2: Energy Management System (EnMS)
- Domain 3: Planning an EnMS implementation based on ISO 50001
- Domain 4: Implementing an EnMS based on ISO 50001
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an EnMS based on ISO 50001
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of an EnMS based on ISO 50001
- Domain 7: Preparing for an EnMS certification audit
This course is fully recognised by QA
- Managers or consultants involved in Energy Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Energy Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with EnMS requirements
- EnMS team members
A fundamental understanding of ISO 50001 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.