In-House / Groups
05 Days / 30 Hrs.
This is a 5-day (30hrs) learning event.
Start/Finish Times: 09:00am – 17:00pm
Prior Learning Requirement: There are no formal prerequisites for this course but attending the following course is recommended.
- The presented course, materials, and workshop (if any) can be conducted in English or Arabic based on the trainees’ desires.
Upon the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- State the purpose of the OSH Act and list the functions of OSHA.
- List the OSHA inspection priorities and describe the inspection process.
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees under the OSH Act.
- Define the basic requirements for proper aisle and passageway maintenance.
- Describe the guidelines for identification and protection of floor openings.
- Understand the importance of effective Egress fire protection program.
- Know the safe means of Egress to provide fire protection in emergencies from new or old buildings or structures.
- Outline the machine safeguarding methods.
- Define the Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene.
- Outline the general requirements for general safety standards.
- Establish the guidelines and requirements for special purpose equipment.
- The following topics will be presented in the course:
- Introduction to OSHA and Safety Regulations
- Walking and Working Surfaces
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire
- Electrical Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hazard Communication
- Materials Handling
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Hazardous Materials (Flammable & Combustible)
- Permit Required Confined Space
- Lock-Out & Tag-Out
- Machine Guarding
- Welding & Cutting
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Fall Protection
- Safety & Health Programs
This course is fully recognised by QA
- All Safety Professionals (Supervisors, Officers and Inspectors).
- Supervisors with safety and health responsibilities.
- Safety Directors and Managers.
- Project Engineers and all other engineering disciplines.
- Operations and Maintenance Supervisors and Foremen.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course but attending the following course.