Learning Delivery Methods
Equivalent to 40 hrs.
This qualification is specifically designed for people with safety responsibility in the oil and gas industry. The qualification focuses on international standards and management systems, enabling students to effectively discharge workplace safety responsibilities both onshore and offshore. The Certificate also highlights the importance of process safety management in the oil and gas industry.
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, however it is highly recommended that students have an existing underpinning knowledge of safety issues or have completed a NEBOSH Certificate level qualification previously.
NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil & Gas Operational Safety courses are offered by Quality Academy in association with NEBOSH-accredited course provider RCES (UK) Ltd.
This is a 05-day (40hr) learning event.
Start/Finish Times: 09:00am – 17:00pm (each day).
- Requires certain knowledge and experience in oil & gas industry before starting the course.
Safety and environmental management in this industry
Hydrocarbon process safety
Fire protection and emergency response
This course is fully recognised by NEBOSH (LP365).
There are two assessments, one per Unit and both must be passed within 5 years.
- Unit IG1 is assessed by a formal exam which is 2 hours in length. The exam questions will only cover the topics in the IG1 course
- Unit IG2 is assessed by a practical assessment. This will be marked by NEBOSH and if you are unsuccessful you will be allowed to improve your work and resubmit at the next exam date
- Unit IG1: 45 marks
- Unit IG2: Pass (Only Pass or Fail available for this assessment)
The qualification grade is based on the result from Unit IG1
- Distinction: 75 marks or higher
- Credit: 65-74 marks
- Pass: 45-64 marks
You can however choose to resit IG1 even if you have passed to improve your grade.
Exams are held in March, June, September and December each year.
- Boost your career prospects; NEBOSH Certificates are highly valued by employers globally
- Meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership of IOSH (TechIOSH)
- Entitled to Associate Membership of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
The NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate is a technical qualification and requires certain knowledge before starting the course.
- Health and Safety Knowledge: This course assumes those taking the course will have a good understanding of general health and safety and it is highly recommended that Learners hold the NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent before studying the NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate. If you do not have this knowledge, RRC provide reference materials to cover this but you should allow for a further 40 hours of study.
- Experience of the Oil and Gas Industry: The NEBOSH examiners assume students will have a wider understanding of the oil and gas industry, gained from working in the industry itself. This can provide difficulties for students without this experience as examination questions often require the application of the knowledge delivered in the course to industry-specific scenarios.
Whilst we cannot replace the practical knowledge gained through experience in the industry, we do provide reference materials to assist those without such direct experience. This outlines how oil and gas are extracted and processed, using easily understood diagrams to explain topics such as drilling, refining and storage. You should allow a further 25 Hours study if you need to study this.
Requires certain knowledge and experience in oil & gas industry before starting the course.
Comprehensive delegate folder and certificates. Public courses include, lunch, refreshments and our Residential option includes accommodation on the intervening nights of a course, plus dinner and breakfast.