10 Days / 80 Hrs.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (IGC) provides a broad understanding of health & safety issues and is an essential qualification for anyone working in or wanting to work in safety & health anywhere in the world.
This is a 10-day (80hr) learning event.
Start/Finish Times: 09:00am – 17:00pm (each day).
- Pre-requisite: The Certificate can be studied by students with no prior health and safety experience.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is based on international standards and best practice. It is made up of two units that must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEBOSH International General Certificate qualification:
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk - understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
This course is fully recognised by NEBOSH (LP 907).
There are two assessments, one per Unit and both must be passed within 5 years.
- Unit IG1 is assessed by a formal exam which is 2 hours in length
The exam questions will only cover the topics in the IG1 course
- Unit IG2 is assessed by a practical assessment. This will be marked by NEBOSH and if you are unsuccessful you will be allowed to improve your work and resubmit at the next exam date
- Unit IG1: 45 marks
- Unit IG2: Pass (Only Pass or Fail available for this assessment)
The qualification grade is based on the result from Unit IG1
- Distinction: 75 marks or higher
- Credit: 65-74 marks
- Pass: 45-64 marks
You can however choose to resit IG1 even if you have passed to improve your grade.
- Boost your career prospects; NEBOSH Certificates are highly valued by employers globally
- Meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership of IOSH (TechIOSH)
- Entitled to Associate Membership of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
Provide proof of your environmental credentials anywhere in the world with the NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management.
Managers, supervisors and employees throughout the world, who have responsibility for managing environment issues as part of their day to day duties.
The qualification focuses on environmental management systems and impact assessments.
NEBOSH research shows that around two thirds of health and safety management positions at work also feature responsibility for environmental management. It can therefore be useful combining one of our health and safety qualifications with the Environmental Certificate. The Certificate can also be a useful stepping stone towards achieving our professional level Environmental Diploma.
The Certificate can be studied by students with no prior health and safety experience.
Comprehensive delegate folder and certificates. Public courses include, lunch, refreshments and our Residential option includes accommodation on the intervening nights of a course, plus dinner and breakfast.