Learning Delivery Methods
Equivalent to 08 hrs.
This is a 1-day (08hr) learning event.
Start/Finish Times: 08:00am – 17:30pm (each day) with an earlier finish on the final day at 2pm.
Prior Learning Requirement: Individuals at least 17 years old who hold current provider certification and/or demonstrated competency in layperson adult, child, and infant CPR, AED, and first aid.
- Introduction to Instructor Skills
- Facilitating a Program Lesson
- Performing Skill Demonstrations
- Conducting a Small Group Practice
- Using Video-Guided Practices
- Supplemental Topic
- Accommodating a Slow Learner or Disruptive Student
- Conducting a Scenario Practice
- Conducting a Performance Evaluation
- Becoming an Experienced Instructor
This course is fully recognised by MEDIC First Aid.
Successful completion of the IDC by itself does not authorize an instructor candidate to conduct ASHI or MEDIC First Aid training courses and issue certification cards. Candidates who have successfully completed the IDC must affiliate with an approved Training Center which will submit an application for instructor authorization.
Instructor candidates must get a passing score of at least 76%, or at least 46 correct questions out of 60, to successfully complete the online portion of the IDC and become eligible to attend the face-to-face portion.
Instructor candidates must perform these required skills competently without assistance:
- Facilitating a program lesson
- Performing a skill demonstration
- Conducting a small group practice
- Conducting a scenario practice
- Conducting a performance evaluation
Individuals without prior instructor training wishing to become an ASHI and/or MEDIC First Aid authorized instructor.
Individuals at least 17 years old who hold current provider certification and/or demonstrated competency in layperson adult, child, and infant CPR, AED, and first aid.
Comprehensive delegate folder and certificates. Public courses include, lunch, refreshments and our Residential option includes accommodation on the intervening nights of a course, plus dinner and breakfast.