Learning Delivery Methods
Equivalent to 08 hrs.
IOSH Working Safely is an essential short course suitable for all employees. Providing an awareness of general workplace hazards and emphasising why everyone needs to work safely, it represents an international safety certification based on best practice.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Understand their health and safety responsibilities and why it's important to work safely.
- Understand the difference between hazards and risks.
- Be able to identify common workplace hazards.
- Appreciate and improve upon safety performance within the workplace.
This is a 1-day (08hr) learning event.
Start/Finish Times: 09:00am – 17:00pm (each day).
Prior Learning Requirement: There are no entry requirements.
Part 1: Introducing working safely
- What is meant by “health and safety”
- Accident theory
- The moral, legal and financial reasons to work safely
Part 2: Defining hazard and risk
- The 5-step Risk Assessment Process
Part 3: Identifying common hazards
- How to identify, prevent and control a range of workplace hazards
Part 4: Improving safety performance
- Health and Safety Management System: Plan - Do - Check - Act
- The health and safety responsibilities of: individuals, safety representatives, contractors and enforcement officers
- Systems and Procedures including: emergency procedures, Safe Systems of Work, PPE, Permit-to-Work, safety signs, first aid arrangements and accident reporting
The course is assessed by a multiple choice online test consisting of 10 questions, and an application of learning hazard-spotting exercise.
This course is fully recognised by IOSH
On successful completion you will have an internationally recognised IOSH approved certificate
It is for all employees working in any size of organisation in all industry sectors.
No prior knowledge requirements
Comprehensive delegate folder and certificates. Public courses include, lunch, refreshments and our Residential option includes accommodation on the intervening nights of a course, plus dinner and breakfast.