03 Days / 24 Hrs.
Managing Safely, the market-leading health and safety course for line managers, is tried, tested and trusted. Designed to provide all managers with the confidence and enthusiasm to apply knowledge to the workplace, this course is unlike any other. Whether you’re looking for face-to-face or e-learning, we can provide the flexibility you need with our huge network of approved training providers, who have been delivering Managing Safely for over 25 years, worldwide.
Our Managing Safely course will help you improve the safety awareness culture in your organisation, see your productivity increase and enhance your reputation within your supply chain by embedding safety and health across the whole organisation. So why not book your course place today?
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand your responsibilities for safety in the workplace.
- Identify common workplace hazards and their appropriate control measures.
- Estimate, evaluate and reduce risk by applying a hierarchy of risk control.
- Undertake risk assessments and accident investigations.
- Understand the requirements of HSE legislation.
- Measure and improve health and safety performance.
This is a 4-day (32hr) learning event.
Start/Finish Times: 09:00am – 17:00pm (each day).
Prior Learning Requirement: There are no entry requirements.
- Why is it important to manage safely?
- What are your responsibilities as a manager?
2. Investigating Accidents and Incidents Safely
- How do accidents and incidents happen?
- How do you carry out an investigation?
- Why investigate accidents and incidents?
3. Human Factors
- What are human factors?
- How does human failure contribute to the cause of accidents?
4. Assessing Risk
- What is risk?
- What is a risk assessment?
- How are risk assessments carried out?
5. Controlling Risk
- How do you reduce risk?
- How do you decide which risk control to use?
6. Understanding Managers Responsibilities
- What does the law require managers to do?
- How does the law work?
- What are the key parts of a health and safety management system?
7. Common Hazards
- What are common hazards?
- What can you do about common hazards?
8. Measuring Performance
- What is performance measurement about?
- How do you measure health and safety performance?
- What is auditing?
Learners must pass a short knowledge test and a workplace risk assessment project to achieve their IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
- The knowledge test is taken at the end of the course. Learners will have 45 minutes to answer 30 questions in a variety of formats, including multiple choice, true/false and open questions.
- The risk assessment project must be submitted within 2 weeks of finishing the course. Learners must perform a risk assessment to identify hazards within their workplace and describe the actions needed to control them.
This course is fully recognised by IOSH
On successful completion you will have an internationally recognised IOSH approved certificate
Managing Safely is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation worldwide. They won’t suddenly become safety experts – but they’ll get up-to-speed on the practical actions they need to take, and gain the knowledge and tools to tackle the safety and health issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, Managing Safely makes a powerful case for safety and health being an integral part of day-to-day management and business.
No prior knowledge requirements
Comprehensive delegate folder and certificates. Public courses include, lunch, refreshments and our Residential option includes accommodation on the intervening nights of a course, plus dinner and breakfast.