Certified Professional Food Manager CPFM
Learning Delivery Methods
Equivalent to 16 hrs.
The CPFM - Certified Professional Food Manager Course, is designed for individuals working in a food facility to increase awareness of food safety hazards, learn how to control those hazards, and understand personal hygiene, handling food safely, the flow of food through a facility, and the basics of pest control. This course enhances the participant’s knowledge and understanding, thus promoting the practice of food safety and protection.
This course is fully accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and is based on the latest Food and Drug Administration (FDA) food code.
This is a 2-day (16hr) learning event.
Start/Finish Times: 09:00am – 17:00pm (each day) with an earlier finish on the final day at 2pm.
Certified Professional Food Manager Course Outline
- Chapter One: Introduction to Food Safety
- Chapter Two: Foodborne Illness
- Chapter Three: Contamination
- Chapter Four: Pest Control
- Chapter Five: Employee Training
- Chapter Six: Facilities and Equipment
- Chapter Seven: Purchasing and Storing Food
- Chapter Eight: Safe Food Handling
- Chapter Nine: The HACCP Approach to Food Safety
- Chapter Ten: Food Safety Standards
Upon the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify national and international food safety regulations.
- Describe the importance of food safety.
- Explain the causes and consequences of food borne illness.
- Describe how to handle food safely, from receiving through service.
- Identify proper methods of personal hygiene when working with food.
- Describe how food can be contaminated and how to prevent contamination.
- Explain cleaning and sanitizing.
- Describe pest control.
- Coordinate training and take corrective actions to protect health and safety of clients.
- Implement establishment's food safety handling policies and procedures.
Current and prospective managers who need food safety manager certification, as well as those who are certified already and are seeking a refresher on best practices in food safety, will find Professional Food Manager to be an invaluable resource for achieving their goals and putting the outlined food safety principles to work.
The examination is a closed-book proctored exam. The exam contains 80 questions in multiple-choice format with four answer options available for each question. Candidates are allowed two hours to complete the exam.
There are three delivery options for the CPFM exams: paper/ pencil-based testing (PBT), Internet-based testing (IBT) and computer-based testing (CBT) at a testing center.
The minimum passing score for all exams is 70% .
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive the following:
- ANSI - USA Certified Professional Food Manager International Certificate and Wallet Completion Card from Prometric - USA, approved and accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) – USA.
- Certificate of achievement from Quality Academy.
No formal pre-requisite for this course.
Comprehensive delegate folder and certificates. Public courses include, lunch, refreshments and our Residential option includes accommodation on the intervening nights of a course, plus dinner and breakfast.