Level 02 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing (RQF)
Learning Delivery Methods
Equivalent to 08 hrs.
This qualification is aimed at individuals who are, or intend to be, food handlers working in a manufacturing environment. The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment as a food handler working in a manufacturing environment, or to support a role in the workplace.
Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, processing, packing and handling of food.
This is a 01-day (08hr) learning event.
Available as In-House and Groups Only
Prior Learning Requirement: There are no prerequisites for this qualification
- the importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control
- good temperature control and stock rotation
- the importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
- keeping work areas and equipment clean and safe
- safe waste disposal
- pest control
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination.
Food handlers working in a manufacturing environment.
The training of food handlers is a legal requirement, and the key to profitability and high standards of food safety is to ensure their competency.
There are no prerequisites for this qualification.
Comprehensive delegate folder and certificates. Public courses include, lunch, refreshments and our Residential option includes accommodation on the intervening nights of a course, plus dinner and breakfast.