CQI & IRCA
02 Days / 16 Hrs.
Background to the changes from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001
Context of the organisation
Annex SL and a framework for generic management systems
Leadership and top management’s more direct involvement in the OH&S management system
Risks and opportunities and the concept of Risk-Based Thinking
Audit planning and how this might change to address ISO 45001:2018 requirements.
Auditing against the new aspects and requirements of ISO 45001
Evaluating audit evidence to correctly identify conformity (or non-conformity) with the requirements of ISO 45001.
This course is fully recognised by CQI & IRCA (Course ID 1869).
- Existing OHSAS 18001 auditors who require the knowledge and skills to audit against ISO 45001:2018
- Those responsible for transitioning their Occupational Health & Safety Management System from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001 who wish to understand the changes and their implications.
Upon successful completion of this 2 day ISO 45001 Migration training course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and structure of Annex SL, the framework that ISO 45001 and future ISO standards will be based upon
- Interpret the new and revised terms and definitions within ISO 45001
- Understand the key differences in requirements between ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001, including what this means for the organisations (and their management systems) and for auditors.
- Evaluate audit evidence to correctly identify conformity, with emphasis on
- Context of the organisation
- Internal & external issues
- Relevant interested parties
- Leadership and top management involvement
- Actions to address risks & opportunities
- Operational planning and control
- Retain/upgrade their IRCA OHSMS Registration (if applicable)
Prior knowledge of OHSAS 18001:2007 is essential
Comprehensive delegate folder and certificates. Public courses include, lunch, refreshments and our Residential option includes accommodation on the intervening nights of a course, plus dinner and breakfast.